Ahhhh... Thanksgiving is this week! I love eating waaaay more than is good for a person. And I have the hips to show for it...
Thanksgiving is my Southern Daddy's (known to his grandbabies as "Pa") favorite holiday because:
1) The entire holiday revolves around eating.As for us, two states away from all the grand-folks, we're looking forward to Thanksgiving, too. (We're not "football people," however. *yawn*) Luckily for me, my adorable husband is a wonderful cook, and he really loves to take over Thanksgiving. I am usually inclined to let him!
2) No gifts to give.
3) PECAN PIE-- You can't get more explicit than that!
4) No people to entertain-- ya just feed 'em.
6) Pies and FOOD!
7) Napping in front of the football game.
This year, our menu will be simple:
- Turkey (of course)
- Mashed Taters (lots of butter, garlic, some sour cream, salt)
- Turkey Gravy
- Bread Stuffing (some years we make the corn bread variety-- my favorite!)
- Baked Yams (I prefer sweet potatoes, but guess which were on sale?)
- Homemade Rolls by yours truly (My Grandma's excellent Butterflake Rolls)
- Honey Almond Butter to spread on the rolls.
- Pies: 2 pumpkin, 1 key lime, 1 apple