I made this yummy pie for our family's Independence Day celebration this past July. It was a hit, though VERY rich. Next time I make it, I think I'll only use half of the white chocolate. This one's a keeper!
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate
- 8 large fresh strawberries, halved lengthwise
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 3 1/2-ounce instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup whipped topping
1. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt white chocolate, stir until smooth. Dip the 8 halved strawberries halfway in the chocolate. Place cut side down on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Spread the remaining melted chocolate over the bottom and sides of the cracker crust. Arrange sliced strawberries in crust.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until smooth. Gradually add milk, mix well. Beat in pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread evenly over sliced strawberries.
Place blueberries in center of pie. Arrange dipped strawberries around the edge. Pipe or dollop whipped topping between the strawberries and blueberries. (We never did this step, and it turned out fine.) Refrigerate until serving.
(Makes 8 servings)
Post a Comment
Old Fashioned Motherhood will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)